Friday, March 19, 2021

The Voiceover Plan

In our film opening, Amani and I decided it would be best to include voiceover scenes. These clips will allow audience members to understand Jess’s thoughts and feelings. We collaborated together to create a solid proposal of what Jess will be saying. We broke it up into four scenes in order to keep it short and sweet. We had to make sure to carefully execute our script in order to get all of Jess’s necessary thoughts portrayed. Here is our final outline for our voiceover scenes. 

Start at the butterfly clip:
“I always loved my conversations with my grandma. She’s the only one that ever had anything meaningful to say to me. She told me that one day she’ll tell me the meaning of life but now she’s dead and all she left me with is this letter that I don’t even understand.”

Lake scene:
“I come to this lake pretty much everyday to escape from reality. My parents don’t let me live because I am just a “kid.” That’s why I began making origami to take my mind off of things.”

Reading letter:

“What does this even mean?”


Stepping on butterfly:

“That’s my life”

No comments:

Post a Comment