Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Starting the brainstorming process...

In class the other day, my partner and I were able to start discussing ideas we had for our opening scene. In order to do this, we virtually met with each other through Microsoft Teams and shared a Google document. This document was basically our rough draft where we compiled all our thoughts together. We began by figuring out the target audience of our film and geared our notions to young adults ranging from sixteen to mid twenty's. Within this process, we kept in mind the tips and tricks to make a successful film opening such as working with something you have experience in and the fact that aren't any strict rules in production, so we can be as creative as we want. We established a goal for our opening scene, where we wanted to leave our viewers wanting more. This is our main goal that we hope to achieve at the end of this project.

We currently have two main ideas for our scene. The first displays a teenage girl who is being forced to continue her ballet lessons from her parents. Because she is obligated to continue this sport, she very much dislikes, it causes her to rebel and disassociate from her parents. Since our genre is a coming-of-age drama, we thought this scene could capture her defying her authoritative figures by having a rebellious alternative side when no one is looking. Our second idea which we believe is our definite plan, is the storyline of a teenage girl struggling through depression and trying to find herself throughout the entire process. We want to illustrate the constant mental battles this teen is dealing with inside her head by using multiple camera shots and editing techniques. Overall, I feel like we are at a good start and I am excited to start mapping out our scenes so we can begin filming!


1 comment:

  1. To my dearest granddaughter Kris, I am delighted at your film project progress. I have recently tried to connect with my long time girlfriend friend Cheryl over the Zoom application, which I assume Is different from your Macintosh teams application, and boy was it difficult! I mean I haven’t seen Cheryl since the 80’s and I could barely see her face on camera because she was confused on how to hold the tablet! Hopefully that son of hers can help. Love you lots love bug and keep working hard! Best wishes, Granny.

    ReplyDelete